ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo 6 GSR UK Ralliart Project Thread - calum001

Track 172cup
Well after about 2 months and looking at about 20 Evo's later i finally got the keys to my new Evo yesterday, just thought i'd stick up a project thread so i can update as i do bit's and pieces to it and keep it in one place and obviously open to comments if anyones interested (or not !)

It's a 1999 'V' Evo 6 GSR UK Ralliart No.289 in Scotia White. It's done 42k miles and has full service history

I've hardly driven it so far due to not being fully insured so once i get that sorted out tomorrow i'll be taking it out for a 'proper' drive

It's totally standard apart from a Fujitsubo cat back exhaust, i'd been hunting about for one as close to standard as possible and was finding out how hard that was as most seem to have been modded in some shape or form

The cars in very good condition especially for a 10 year old car but i'll be spending a couple of days on it in the next few weeks and giving it a proper detail and machine polish aswell as a few replacment parts to get it closer to how i want it and freshen it up a bit

Plans for the near future:

Replacement Ralliart Plaque (if possible)
Replacement glass foglight cover (missing)
Ralliart Gearknob (bought)
New mud flaps (not a fan of pinky orange
wallbang.gif
)
New front bumper mesh
HKS SSQV BOV or similar
Wheel refurb (black)
HID headlights
New set of mats
New Cobra key fob cover (bit worn)

After that it's more expensive mods but that will be a lot further down the line as i've got to get my finger out and concentrate getting the 172 cup on the road and running !

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

Any comments welcome as usual (que the haters :rasp:........)

Track 172cup
cheers for the comments :)

still not driven it since i got it on sunday as i've just sorted out the insurance this morning, will hopefully be able to take it out for a blast tonight

i've wanted one for years and i'm in the position where i've cut my outgoings so i thought why not :rasp: and to think i was seriously just considering getting a diesel runabout since i've got the 172 aswell lol

haha yeh Rob i'm half expecting that, it's a good job i've turned into more of a boring fart when driving about some of the time but i won't be able to resist the odd bit of sport with a beemer or porsche if it ever comes about

don't worry Rich this is staying pretty much standard, as said above i'm just looking to tidy up the few small bits it needs and get it as immaculate as possible with only a few choice mods along the way

yeh i'm trying to stay away from the for sale section on MLR as i could probably rinse my bank acount and my credit cards in an afternoon :eek:

Track 172cup
haha it's crazy the parts that come up on there Naith ! obviously just been paying attention to it for the past week or 2 but it's good to see soo many performance parts on there instead of just 'cosmetics' like most other forums, it's dangerous though

MY10 R35 GTR
Very nice mate,

Im at a bit of a cross roads with the IX. Loved doing the MLR spring in the car at the weekend. But IM finding myself starting to look at bucket seats harness etc etc. So Im half tempter to sell the IX and buy a 5/6 and make it a track weapon. Or I'll just keep the IX and buy a 5/6 and have it as an ongoing project. Decisions decisions

Track 172cup
didn't know you were at the sprint at the weekend mate, was supposed to be going but i ended up picking this up on Sunday so couldn't make it, gutted as it would have been good to pop along to

not a bad situation to be in though, MLR is a nightmare at times as it just gives you ideas, very expensive ideas !

you had the chance to drive a 5/6 before ?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice! The best number and the best colour by far! :)

Great to see a clean dash, away from all of the usual Evo add-ons. The last Tommi Mak I was in had a dash like a Christmas tree with so many gadgets on it. :(

I agree about MLR - it's dangerous. A perfect place if you want to indulge in the fantasy of "here's what you could have". My membership expired this month and I need to renew - though I'm in no rush. Everytime I visit the 'Cars for Sale Section' I get needy pangs...... really bad ones at times. Time to sell my arse on street-corners, I think. ;)

Is the front bumper the original factory paint? They get stone-chipped to feck but I've seen some horrendous resprays, bearing in mind that Scotia is just white.

Awesome purchase m8 - hope she serves you well!

D.

MY10 R35 GTR
nop not even sat in one. 3 out of the 4 cars that finiahed ahead of me in class were 5/6s but then again we were all covered by 1 secound so not too far away.

Track 172cup
cheers Darren, yeh i swear people just get the gauges for the sake of it just because they can and see other people with them, then never actually pay attention to them, suppose that can be said to a lot of mods and 'fads', same can be said on CS

as far as i can see it's a factory paint job mate, it's by no means chip free but it does have a slight bit of paint cracking in places and a light scratch or 2 on the front and back splitters (might get them sprayed next year) the paints in good condtion everywhere else so if there has been any spraying done then it was a good job

ah right well your welcome to go for a spin in mine sometime bud, at least then you'll be able to put it in perspective, plus if your thinking about a track toy then you might aswell get something cheaper and use the spare cash for a few mods with plenty left over

Last edited:
  MY10 R35 GTR
agree on the gauges, I hate them being all over the place, Ive got 3 gauges which are in a facia above my radio, sorted.

Ive gone quite far with the IX though. Coilovers fitted which I wish I had done sooner. Got my old 17s now have sticky rubber on. Couple more wee tweeks and the car will be well over he 400 mark. 450hp is getting to the upper limits of the internals on an IX and the turbo. Just need to sit down and thing about it all. Ive spiken to a few ppla about it and some have said good idea some have said not so good.

Track 172cup
i've seen the factory fitted gauges below the radio on a couple of 5/6's and it looks really good (even if the actual gauges look a bit dated) the worst is the pillar pods you can get that sit on top of your dash, if it's a track car then function over form but in most cases it isn't

ah right so it's not as easy as just jumping ship and starting again, saying that though all the parts you've built up on the Evo could be easily sold on MLR and put back to standard

i would be a bit nervous with around 450 on standard internals, had a look at the drop in forged lumps a couple of the companies can do the other day, definitely the way to go imo if your going to putting in the time and effort for big power, wasn't too bad a price aswell if you take into consideration the price you'd get for your current engine

MY10 R35 GTR
Yep very true, but for the likes if the aftermarket intake and exhaust manifold I have, the cols ot taking them off and reverting to standard + the remap back would cancel out the cost of selling seperate.

I wouldnt need to go doen the forged route a simple rod job on a 8/9 evo will happily see you to 550hp, but them you get into the relms os chewing up gear boxs. Going fully forged is all fine and well buy you have to be prepered for the hidden costs, its not quiet as simple as sticking new rods and psitons in. There can be lots of head work, honing etc involved which can ramp up he costs

MY10 R35 GTR
well the rod job being the start lol, from my investigative work your probably talking £10k to get up to a good 500hp doing it the right way and reliably. Rod job, tubro kti, exhaust, possible ecu, clutch. fuelling changes etc etc

hahaha ya tart!!! http://www.nr-autosport.com/aftermarket-category.htm?id=9 NR have got a great rep for engine builds. They arent as publisised as the like of Norris etc but results speak for themselves. Try finding a bad thread about NR on MLR... you'll be hard pushed.

Extreme Motorsport in whitburn are very good along with Wallace in abdn. JOhn and George at Extreme are they guys I get to do all my services and the dyno work when I had it done :)

Track 172cup
few wee mods so far Gaz, really need to update this (will get round to it this weekend)

got a set of HSD coilovers with pillowball top mounts fitted about a month ago, also got it fully undersealed to make sure it's protected as much as possible at the same time the coilovers were fitted, bought another set of standard alloys that i'll be refurbing in a darker anthracite this weekend, should be picking up a Turbosmart BOV next week and that's it for this month

got a few more things planned but my bank manager can only take so much !

plus i really need to get my finger out with the clio as it's been neglected since i got this and just been sitting collecting dust :eek:

Clio DCI with MODS
just some light hearted banter my man!

I have never see your car at knockhill before, do you go often?

Camel
Nice carIi loved having an Evo prefurred it to my Scooby it just felt a better car I miss the Evo every time I see one.