ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo hits M3... MLR trackday at Spa

Integra Type-R DC2
Ouch, would love to know what happened after!

I bet there was alot of effin' and jeffin'.

Feel sorry for both party's tbh. Evo driver made a bad choice, M3 was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. s**t happens.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The risks of track work!

Although im unsure how the hero in the Evo managed to actually execute such a stupid manouver????

Nippy white cup
Yeah I think from the front it would have looked more obvious....although as Bomber said unless it was a big power car (which it didn't look or sound) it seemed very slippery

Chris

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
to be fair though the marshalls shouldn't really be letting cars out with traffic about IMO

You wouldn't think someone could be stupid enough to do that though. No different to when I was at Oulton Park and they let cars out with traffic on the straight.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I wonder why the Evo was coming out from there and not in the line of the rest of the cars?

Shouldn't have booted it so early - major self-ownage there.

D.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I wonder why the Evo was coming out from there and not in the line of the rest of the cars?

Shouldn't have booted it so early - major self-ownage there.

D.

You self owned yourself too as he had already been out on track a while!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
i bet he is glad it wasnt the r34 gtr behind the m3.

showing off....
That was my first thought.

Lols at slamming on the brakes on the gresiest looking tarmac ever... fail!

arghhhh, i actually said that out loud too....

why have i never come across an evo driven well on track?!? :(
Because people who buy them are bad drivers and think it'll make them look amazing!

Flol at Brown 'yaw' bear!

i mean i imagine theres alot of great drivers with evo's out there and i dont like to stereotype but its a recurring theme... maybe because theres alot out on track i dunno?

i was out at donny last year and took about 6/7 evos (all powers and marks) and they seemed to either be all over the show, busy shooting fire from their zorsts or giving evils as i went by them then yapping to their manz... but not one stood out.

only one i've seen n been wow with was a matt black one at oulton in january, he was flying

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Average Joe picks one up, and the car makes him look like a hero. Very little skill required, just bury you foot and let the computers sort it. So when they do get out of shape, they don't know what to do.
Not saying that occured in this case, but seems to be the way the majority of rally-rep owners go on a track day.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Funny you say that Warren, it sounds exactly like what happened!

Got out of shape, lifted throttle+brakes.

Schma Schme 1.6l
its not hard to drive a evo, they make poor drivers look good! i learnt that when i first drove my cup racer....now THATS a hard car to drive fast!!

evo driver = tool! complete novice and IMO any one without circuit knowledge should be made to do 5 laps with an instructor before being allowed on circuit on their own. it'd remove many many incidents where people are 'fast in.....crash out'!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The sobering read one?

Also the video of the type R making love to the mountain should be stickied!

172, Tiguan
That is pretty unfortunate. These things happen on trackdays though, though that's no consolation for the M3 driver.