ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo long term Clios

Lee

BMW M2C

Im having a slow day at work so decided to check out http://www.evo.co.ukhttp://www.evo.co.uk and read what they have had to say about the long term Clios they have run in the past.

It makes interesting but very familiar reading. They echo most the comments made here.

The cars are amazing little things that can run with a lot more powerful and expensive machinery, but.......the exhaust centre section starts to rattle requiring replacement, the interior rattles, the dealers havent got a clue, driving position is too high etc. etc.

Apparently two dealers told them that the car was to be serviced at 18000 miles, so thats what they did!!

Worth a read if youve got nothing better to do and youve not read them already.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Yeah, they are good but the Clios they have werent mentioned in this months fast fleet, have they got rid now?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I used that exact article yesterday to prove that the exhaust issue was a common fault they then had no excuse to replace it under warranty. Before that they wanted me to pay £20%

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive just started reading the old reviews and group tests. They really do like 172s. Of course, who wouldnt :)

I cant understand this 20% crap, its just another scam. When was the last time you had to pay 20% towards the repair of a TV because you switched it on!!!

Its weird just how close EVOs 172 (Mk 2) is to mine, its a good idea for anyone thinking of getting one to have a long read of it, very good description of 172 ownership.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Thats how Renault warranties work. The first 12 months everything is covered and then after that some things you have to pay a contribution. This is not just imports this is the same for everyone. It SUCKS big time.