ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo proclaim Cup a future classic!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Got the latest issue of Evo yesterday and there was a lengthy piece about the long term Cup theyve got.

The guy ended up likening it to a Lotus Cortina, such is its focus and driver appeal.

Im glad, it should do wonders for the residuals.

you lot tryin to say that you hope renault wont make a cup 2 or 3 . ??

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA money !!!! thats the only thing renault are interested in.........they couldnt give a sh*t if they ruined any chance of one of their vehicles becoming a future classic... !!

anyway.....they way cars are made today........i doubt if they will last THAT long !!

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 02 September 2003

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA money !!!! thats the only thing renault are interested in.........they couldnt give a sh*t if they ruined any chance of one of their vehicles becoming a future classic... !!

anyway.....they way cars are made today........i doubt if they will last THAT long !!

Youve got issues :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 02 September 2003

Didnt harm the Williams much...
How much would they be worth if there was only the first run of them?

VW Potato

has any special edition based on a mass market car ever had stronger residuals than the one its based on (I guess yes, in the case of the williams). Any others?

g

Isnt there already a Cup 2, 3? Theres the Playstation version, and theres now a silver option where you can get climate..i thought the Williams 2 & 3 were just spec changes, hasnt the Cup done the same? Difference is Renault werent stupid, they kept the same name..

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 02 September 2003

has any special edition based on a mass market car ever had stronger residuals than the one its based on (I guess yes, in the case of the williams). Any others?

g
RS500

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

LOL @ RS500

Most special editions have greater residuals than the standard counterparts.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 02 September 2003

Isnt there already a Cup 2, 3? Theres the Playstation version, and theres now a silver option where you can get climate..i thought the Williams 2 & 3 were just spec changes, hasnt the Cup done the same? Difference is Renault werent stupid, they kept the same name..

-Rob
PS2 version is mainland europe only. (i think its just french market)

i had a series 2 106 Rallye before the Cup & there were ONLY 500 built for the UK. They have quite a cult following now. Wish i could have kept it as was a great drivers car. Sold it private in March to an enthusiast who knew of its rarity. Got £4.5k for it as was mint & mine from new. Not bad for a 5 year old car that cost less than 10K brand new!!!

I also had a series 2 106 Rallye b4 my Cup and got decent money for mine @ 89K miles and loads of work required on it!!!!

I loved that car it was great to drive and to be fair Ive had more problems with my Cup than I ever had with that.

My Cup is at the garage again tomorrow for more warranty work (Engine Mount).

Eza Cup... is it the lose engine mount under hard acceleration in 1st / 2nd???

i think i have the same problem...?

Clio 197

Just a suggestion: if you are using the car in a manner which is a bit too much for the engine mounts, you might think of fitting the RenaultSport items which are engineered for rough usage.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Eddd on 02 September 2003

Just a suggestion: if you are using the car in a manner which is a bit too much for the engine mounts, you might think of fitting the RenaultSport items which are engineered for rough usage.
that bloody catalog!!!

Shall i start a new thread- Eddd Suggests ;)

Clio 197

Ive been waiting since before Easter for the damn catalogue! Im going to get my moneys worth!

Ed

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Cups are already cheaper than standard 172s after they are two years old.I dont see any residuals holding higher than the 172???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 02 September 2003

Cups are already cheaper than standard 172s after they are two years old.I dont see any residuals holding higher than the 172???
Read the post from yesterday about Clio residuals...

Seedy,

Yeah I think so

Its the only explanation the garage could come up with so fingers crossed

The noise is a horrible metal on metal graunching noise under heavy torque in 1st and 2nd only.

It sounds real bad!!!!!!

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by Eddd on 02 September 2003

This is bloody rediculous. Reno must have guessed that most Cup owners wouldnt have bought the car to prat around in, why not just fit the strengthened items as standard.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its because of cost. (im assuming cups are built on the same line as 172s)

or lack of common sense.

Quote: Originally posted by mo-- on 02 September 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 02 September 2003

Youve got issues :)

yes i have.........thats the whole point of a chat forum !!

everyday vehicles (which is the type that we own ) have a life expectancy......volvos & saabs have to last a bit longer, due to sweedish laws......but i bet the car your driving isnt really designed to last any longer than 10-15 years !

Thats why we never see 15 year old clios on the road then? Take a look around! Im looking a 1990 clio right now!