ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EXACT deal with headunits

2002 Clio 1.2 Dyn GOMEZ
Right people i was wondering if (for all us noobs) we can list EXACTLY what is needed to make head units work with stalk controls (volume) and screen where possible (and ipod!).

Right.
-- Official Renault Cassette unit - Cassette to aux adapter for ipod
-- Official Renault CD player - ipod adapter on ebay, etc...
-- Other head units (all?? even not brand names??) - stalk control adapter (£34) AND radio interface

What about the cheapo ones like blacksilvertech and eonon?

Just wanna get a thread going for people like myself who want to invest in a good headunit in the future but want all the facts first.

Ta laddos
Skellz

clio dci
Tbf there are far too many options for this to be listed, how about buy the headunit you want, then ask who you bought it from to supply the leads for the stalk controlls and top screen.
As far as headunits go, unless your going for alpine, pioneer or another well made brand dont bother upgrading.
Even the likes of fusion and wharfdale are shite lol

2002 Clio 1.2 Dyn GOMEZ
I looked around on the web and it seems that only the big names (pioneer, sony, clarion, alpine, jvc) are the only ones you can get the screen and stalk cables for. Non of the smaller brands have them. This means you have to shell out a fair chunk more money for the unit and then for the cables if you want a decent unit with DVD etc...

Is there any way around this? to get the stalk controls working.
Sorry to keep on, iv been looking at units recently lol.

Last edited:
  clio dci
the head unit is the heart and soul of your system, dont skimp on it.
If you cant afford a good one just save up lol.
i dont get why you feel its so important to keep the stalks, all u can do is skip and adjust the volume, which u can do on th H/U. its all of 3 feet away from you lol.
no ways around it im afraid, unless your s**t hot with wiring

oh and i wouldn't rate sony with good headunits. good power but the processors are cheap and nasty. alpine ftw