ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exalto PE2's, V vs W? Can't get V's :(

Megane 230 R26
My dealership give me a good price for my tyres (only a few quid more than mytyres + local fitting for a pair so worth a trip up there to not be messing about). However I just rang them and at the moment there's apparently a shortage of V's, but they can get a pair of W's within a couple of days. Just rang another place and they said V's from Michelin by the 20th, W's by Monday... so it seems everyone's in the same boat.

So the question is what are the differences in the rubber compound or whatever on a W? Obviously the 182 only needs a V (159mph) not a W (183mph) and presumably the higher speed is achieved by some difference in the tyre construction - but is this the rubber and i.e. it might grip/handle differently? Just wondering before I get some.

Many thanks in advance ;)

Megane 230 R26
Meant to put 149mph not 159mph, and 168mph for W, god knows why this site says 183 :S But you get the idea :)

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Meant to put 149mph not 159mph, and 168mph for W, god knows why this site says 183 :S But you get the idea :)

I wouldn't of thought they would be a probably as the speeds are fine.

But as you said levels of grip??

TBH I don't even know what my F1's are.

Megane 230 R26
Yeah that's my point the speeds are fine, the car only *needs* a V... so I don't want a W if the rubber is harder or something if you see what I mean.

I doubt it is I just can't find an answer anywhere :S