ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

excess engine movement on dci - ideas?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of engine movement on and off the throttle, all engine mounts are brand new genuine. Still doing it!

Ideas? Play in a driveshaft?

Gearstick is proper rocking back and forward!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Drive shaft will not caulse that unless proper fucked. Very odd that's it's still that bad after chainging the mounts....
mine has abit of throw in it , on and off the throttle.

Fourth mount mod made mine perfect. Still a little swing but far less than standard.
Only other thing I can think of ; is the gearstick assembly all nice and secure on the chassis ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I was planning on 4th mounting it anyway as ive got one spare but would rather cure the problem first as they didnt do it when new lol! Ive been over everything again and its all secure and tight, no idea whats causing it!!! It drives mint other than that so not too fussed about it, just my mrs has bother driving it!

Many.
Assuming the dogbone bolt into the gearbox is secure (check it!), and the dogbone to subframe bolt is tight, then I'd suggest fitting a sport dogbone (stiffer than standard).

Other than that, can't think of much.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sports dogbone was what i put on it, its definately tight, i am so stumped by it all i can think of is a manufacturing issue with a mount but they all looked fine on inspection. Im gonna strip them all off for a further look on thursday!