ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excess loom question.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Evening all,

A question for those who have a bit of auto electrical knowledge unlike myself. I’ve removed the roof lining and obviously I’m left with the wiring for the interior light and vanity mirrors...
6DD7A9B6-5471-40B2-8439-B5AB4FAED9FE.jpeg

Question is.. can I follow this back down to the corner of the windscreen and cut it off? Or should I tuck it away behind the plastic cover on the pillar to avoid warning lights on the dashboard?
Car will never be sold or returned to stock.
Cheers

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Evening all,

A question for those who have a bit of auto electrical knowledge unlike myself. I’ve removed the roof lining and obviously I’m left with the wiring for the interior light and vanity mirrors...
View attachment 1469440
Question is.. can I follow this back down to the corner of the windscreen and cut it off? Or should I tuck it away behind the plastic cover on the pillar to avoid warning lights on the dashboard?
Car will never be sold or returned to stock.
Cheers
If you actually follow that loom down into the dash you will find it plugs into the main loom just underneath by the tweeter. Im not saying you should do this but if you gave it a slight tug it may just come un plugged. Else pop the dash off to un plug it.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Can the plugs be accessed without removing the dash mate?
Cheers
Well it is only plugged in just under the tweeter area but i can't remember if its got a latch to the plug. Ideally you would be best to just pop the top dash off.. Takes me about 5 mins..

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Well it is only plugged in just under the tweeter area but i can't remember if its got a latch to the plug. Ideally you would be best to just pop the top dash off.. Takes me about 5 mins..

I don’t mind doing it if it’s not too major. Do you have some tips on how to do it?
Cheers

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I don’t mind doing it if it’s not too major. Do you have some tips on how to do it?
Cheers
1, pillar posts off
2, little plastic screw in the ends of dash on the sides with the doors open.
3, 3x t20 along top of dash in blow vents
4, trim above glovebox off and 2x t20
5, top ignition cowel pops up and off 2x t20
6, small trim above headlight adjust panel pops off 1x t20
7, slide and pull top dash towards you and up..

Done

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate. I’ll be able to try it soon. Any resistor bodge possible?
I've seen that having the rain/light sensor unplugged can bring just the SERV light on.

You'd have to try it...
Tried it! You were right. Serv light on. I don’t have access to ren clip so unless a simple solution comes up I’ll probably butcher that bit of the loom and reinstall the light/rain sensor.
Cheers

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Tried it! You were right. Serv light on. I don’t have access to ren clip so unless a simple solution comes up I’ll probably butcher that bit of the loom and reinstall the light/rain sensor.
Cheers

😏

If you know anyone who has a multimeter, you could get them to test the resistance of that whole section, on the plug that splits at the dash.

Then just buy a resistor of that amount. That should work in theory.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
😏

If you know anyone who has a multimeter, you could get them to test the resistance of that whole section, on the plug that splits at the dash.

Then just buy a resistor of that amount. That should work in theory.
Yeah, sounds good. I’ll look into that. Cheers.