ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excessive exhaust fumes at high revs

Basically, whenever the revs hit about 5k, a lot of white smoke comes out my exhaust. It is made worse when driving fast (>100mph), and the smoke condenses into water on my back windscreen. I used to have my cat in and this made it worse. Decat made it better but its still quite bad.

I know without having a look at the exhaust its hard to say whats causing this but any ideas from past experience?

Do you do alot of short runs? Could be water just chillin' in your system?

If there's that much and it's really white (not condensation) then it could be something else i guess!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
White is water.

Standard exhaust ? I'd bet my left arm that the boxes are just full of water.

Smoke doesn't condense on the window BTW ;)

well i do a mixture of runs, but driving to work and back is about 10 mile trip so not short no.

Yeah its a standard exhaust with decat in.

How can i stop the water collecting in my exhaust?

Would the same happen with a RS192 exhaust?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
mate I get exactly the same in my 182, when you give it some it makes the rear window wet, its just water, nothing to worth about.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Yea as said, don't worry about it :)

Mine did it the other day, I got abit happy with the jet wash and some water got in my exhaust :clown: