ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excessive noise - 182

LY 182
Hey guys,

Not sure what to search as I can't really think what the issue is. Not particularly technical, sadly.

Past week or so when I'm driving the car sounds really noisy from the inside. Not just the typical Yozza drone. It kinda sounds like a plane taking off, just not quite so extreme. But it's loud enough that I can hear it over music unless it's really turned up.

Not sure where to begin with troubleshooting?

Any help appreciated.

LY 182
Not sure it's the exhaust as it's not like a growl or anything and haven't noticed any leaks.

I can hear it when driving normal around 2500-3500 revs I guess. Saw on another thread somebody had a noise that was due to the sealing ring from the manifold and cat had perished causing an air leak. Might be something like that?

Clio 197 08
Is it related to engine noise or road speed? If its road speen most likely be wheel bearing.