ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exclusive 172 - Updates

Clio 172 Exclusive
Been a while since I've posted anything here, so thought I'd post a few updates I've made the last month, my plan being to get this Exclusive back to orginal spec, bar one or two upgrades :D

First off; Headlight bulbs. 1st photo shows the original bulbs, 2nd photo shows the upgraded bulbs. The upgraded bulbs are Philips Blue Vision 9005 (HB3 fitting) and the sidelights are Philips Blue Vision W5W

The bulbs dont look any different when switched on during the day, it's at night you see the biggest difference. I can't say there's a blue Xenon effect, but the light is much whiter, and the beam much brighter, compared to the Yellow OE bulbs. I don't know if it's just the shape or the glass used on the Ph1 172 Dipped headlights, but the bulbs don't seem as effective as they did in my 2004 Clio 1.2, where there was no glass in front of the bulb.

Original Bulbs;

headlights002.jpg

Philips Blue Vision Bulbs;

headlights004.jpg

Next thing to upgrade was the usual silvervisions;

updates008.jpg

When I bought the Clio, it had a PiperCross Induction kit fitted, but I wanted to put it back to standard, so purchased the Renault airbox, an ITG air filter, and some second hand air feeds from Ebay. Unfortunately, it was a job to fit it all, but it was discovered the wrong battery had been fitted, which was too big, and was blocking the connections for the air feeds, so a new battery was fitted too.

updates001.jpg

updates004.jpg

I also bought a new top bumper grille, as the orginal had a number of cracks in it. Another Ebay bargain, at £12 delivered! Not an OE one, but good quality none the less :)

updates006.jpg

Not got any other plans for it at the moment. I still have a Cup spoiler waiting to be fitted, but waiting for funds for that at the moment, as I need to have some rust and dents removed from the bonnet at the same time.

Once the nice weather comes round again, I'll be getting out there with some high temp paint to paint the calipers, along with polishing the paintwork with my new DA polishing machine :D

Comments welcome ;)

Clio 172 Exclusive
Thanks Daz ;)

Just a couple from the outside, old ones though, as I've not taken any others since I've had it.

NatsClioExclusive028.jpg

NatsClioExclusive020.jpg

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
love exclusives, still wish I'd have found a decent one before I bought the iceberg..

Clio 172 Exclusive
Thanks Paul ;)

@ Daz; I think it's the same old story, like buses, there're never any when you're looking, but plenty when you're not! That's why I jumped at this one when I saw it. It's still only just turned 51500 miles on the clock :approve:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
good mileage! must admit when I saw this one I had to have it, only had 32k on an 02 plate, just hit 37k now.

Can't complain really - least I have a ph2 dash ;)

Clio 172 Exclusive
:lolup: Yeah, know what you mean about the dash! Still, ph1 dash does look good when clean, it's just the colour! I had considered getting all the interior plastics sprayed matt black, but not sure if that'd go down well with the 'purists', even though, IMO, it'd be a vast improvement :)