ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhanust Too Loud, need one like the Original 182's

Titanium Clio 182
My genuine Renault 182 Exhaust rotted away and needed replacing so I bought a Scorpion one, its far too loud for my liking and I need one which sounds quiet, like the Original one. I can't afford the original renault exhaust as its over £800!

Any recommendations to finding me a new exhaust would be welcomed!!

Thanks in advance

Michael

Titanium Clio 182
UPDATE
======
My Current Exhaust is the Scorpion SRN019 and i've read that the Scorpion RS192 is nearly as quiet as the Genuine Renault Exhaust.

My G/F hates the noise of the car, it is far too loud!!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Does it have a centre box and two rear boxes?
If it doesn't have a centre box, then it will be loud.
If there is no centre section, an option might be to get one fabricated in at a decent exhaust centre.

i've read that the Scorpion RS192 is nearly as quiet as the Genuine Renault Exhaust.

It's not unfortunately. It's quiet, but a long way from standard in my opinion. Best bet is going to be a second hand standard system, or a system with extra silencers built in, somewhere custom like AAS or Prospeed.

Titanium Clio 182
This is the one I have:

Scorpion182cliosystem.jpg

I'll have a look for the Janspeed one. I just want a normal sounding clio, non of the stupid loud stuff!!!

Thanks for your replies so far :)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Thats what I have fitted, I think its quiet when you a just pottering about? With more revs it can be noisy, in a non raspy way

Titanium Clio 182
I don't know what to do, I don't want to but the Sport one and have it be the same loudness as my current one.

172cup
had a scorpion192 on my old 182, had the same gay problem, i wanted something quite and that proved to be the right solution
Not loud at all, almost stock noise level, but it feels well cheap

Titanium Clio 182
had a scorpion192 on my old 182, had the same gay problem, i wanted something quite and that proved to be the right solution
Not loud at all, almost stock noise level, but it feels well cheap

What was the solution? Fitting a Silencer?

172cup
scorpion192 there was a group buy going on and paid it only 300
it sounds like the stock one till you hit the 5500 rpm then it gets slightly raspy but nothing bad!
I actually remember to love that music, just spot on

Inferno 182 & Saxo
A single box is generally always going to be louder than a twin. What made you pick the "imola" one?

clio 182FF
you can buy the alternative center sections and swap them out ;)

Why Is the janspeed so close to stock in noise out of interest? It's got one back box and not the standard two, which I know doesn't mean much but you would expect it to therfore be abit louder maybe?

Also having this exhaust and having the silenced section I was looking at a striaght through one, any ideas of a place to buy one and is it a striaght swap?

Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it's a little louder on full throttle over, roughly 5k. But very sensible still. In honestly I don't know how the boxes are baffled or packed so I've no idea how the noise has been regulated. It's a relatively small bore though (same as stock) which makes a fair difference

Titanium Clio 182
Just bought the RS192 Exhaust and its perfect, not noisy in the slightest, had it fitted this morning and its a billion times quieter (Slight exaggeration) so my Fiancée will be happy now!! She made me change it as it was too loud, which is was but I didn't know it was going to be that loud, the RS192 is great.

Thanks for all your advise in this thread. I'm selling my old one on ebay, its only 6 months old.