ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust advice (want something fairly civilised!)

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
I picked up my new 182 this evening, and first impressions are good, although it'll take a bit of getting used to after my 330.

The main complaint is probably the exhaust. It's currently got some sort of scorpion exhaust with decat.
Driving home on the motorway wasn't too pleasant (although I couldn't get the radio to work, which made it worse!), and I can imagine I'll get bored of the noise pretty quickly.

Does the decat make much difference to the noise level?

I do like a nice exhaust note, but I'm not too bothered about the noise.
What options are there if I want a nice sedate exhaust note?

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Thanks, will have a look.

Would I be right in thinking the decat has a pretty big effect on noise? The car came with the old cat, so I'm tempted to re-fit that to see what effect it has.

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Good idea. I popped to see him when I had my TVR, and he was more than helpful.

I may see what he suggests.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The decat will make it boomier in the cabin .

Is it a scorpion SRN019 or RS192? (It will have straight or slash cut pipes respectively)

The rs192 cat back is considered to be the most subtle exhaust.

Clio 172 phase 1
Just I see Charlie at prospeed heel tell you exactly how to get the noise you want and even though it might not seem it from appearance there work there is insanely good I'm gonna ditch my oreca group n and get myself in there end of the month I do believe he has a 2 week waiting list atm!

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Just I see Charlie at prospeed heel tell you exactly how to get the noise you want and even though it might not seem it from appearance there work there is insanely good I'm gonna ditch my oreca group n and get myself in there end of the month I do believe he has a 2 week waiting list atm!

Yeah I think I will pay him a visit at some stage.

Is it a scorpion SRN019 or RS192? (It will have straight or slash cut pipes respectively)

I think it must be an 019, as I only remember it having a single backbox. I will check this morning.

I may try swapping the cat back in to see how it sounds.

I'd advise the scorpion rs192, or the BTM exhaust. I've not been too impressed with the quality of the prospeed on the 3 vehicles I've had with them. (Namely hangers breaking off, welds cracking and one of them had the centre section baffles come loose and rattle like f**k)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'd advise the scorpion rs192, or the BTM exhaust. I've not been too impressed with the quality of the prospeed on the 3 vehicles I've had with them. (Namely hangers breaking off, welds cracking and one of them had the centre section baffles come loose and rattle like f**k)

Tbf, the RS192 centre joints are prone to blowing and theres been quite a few weld failures. The upside is that if you buy brand enw from them theres a lifetime warranty.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just fit a cat. Easiest cheapest option and less hassle at MOT time.

I'm pretty sure the most subtle aftermarket exhaust off the shelf is the quiet ktec/janspeed one