ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust advice

Passat
Hi folks. My exhaust has been lightly blowing for a bit now. Got out of the car today and its got quite a bit worse. Something needs to be done. As you look at the car side-on the hole is right on a bracket roughly in line with the door handles. It's a 172 with the original exhaust at the moment. What are my options from here? A weld seems out of the question. Do I need a new 'cat back' exhaust? I've read a bit about yozza etc but I don't want anything too loud. Thanks for any help.

LOL that might need replacing!

Get yourself a nice new one.

Looks like it's behind the cat? If so they yes as you say get a cat back system.

If you don't want loud then you definitely don't want a Yozza. Depends on budget and how you want it to sound.

K-tec do a silenced system which as fas as I remember is not much different to standard.

I've got a Milltek and I think it sounds fantastic. Quiet when driving normally but loud when you want it to be. Quite pricey though.

Passat
Just having a look at militek actually. There's one for a 172 but it has a dual tail pipes. I think I'd rather keep it hidden. And yes £485 is rather steep! Does anyone ever go back to Renault for a standard exhaust? Or is it cheaper to get one of the ones you mention?

If your looking for standard just use the forsale section in here you will get a good conditioned exhaust for not even close 2 the price Renault will charge you

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If your looking for standard just use the forsale section in here you will get a good conditioned exhaust for not even close 2 the price Renault will charge you

Only problem is that it will fail again. At least a stainless one will (or at least should) last the length of the car's life. A Renault part will fail again...maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but it will fail.

Go for a custom made stainless stealth system...

Just having a look at militek actually. There's one for a 172 but it has a dual tail pipes. I think I'd rather keep it hidden. And yes £485 is rather steep! Does anyone ever go back to Renault for a standard exhaust? Or is it cheaper to get one of the ones you mention?

A new Renault exhaust is something like £900 I've heard!! Comedians.