ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust air flow - Silly question

BMW M3
Is the flow/pressure flowing through the exhaust still quite high when you are just coasting at say 2400 revs ?

Ive been trying to locate a hissing noise for over a year now and ive been to 4 garages and they all say the exhuast doesnt leak.... but im sure it does. Surely a barely mechanically minded student cant be right over 4 garages ? !

Basically, i get a really loud hissing when i gun it... a quite hissing when cruising or coasting, and it goes away after a few seconds of dipping the clutch.

So its is exhaust or induction ?

As 3 garages recon induction, and one a bust cat lol (its not)

BMW M3
Can you hear hissing alot on acceleration mate ?.... if it that ill never speak to myself again !

Its does sound like its coming from under the car though.... and its worse when engine (exhaust) is cold.

And ive been under the car many times and cant find it.... even with the lever of the trolly jacked jamming the go pedal lol

Last edited:
  cup 182 mit stripes
Should have stuck with the standard exhaust as long as it was'nt broke Justin. Some of these after market ones are dodgy, which one are you running at the moment anyway? I've lost track.

BMW M3
Should have stuck with the standard exhaust as long as it was'nt broke Justin. Some of these after market ones are dodgy, which one are you running at the moment anyway? I've lost track.

Should have stuck with the standard unmatched inlet manifold if it wasnt broke.

How did i know your comment would be negative in some way. lol

And ive only ever had this system after the standard one.... where you getting your info ?

Last edited: