ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Cat Mod - Sleeve or Flange

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all,

Basically my Piper exhaust is blowing like f**k from the olive joint I think. It's also sagging pretty bad at this joint too.

The Piper is already sleeved so should I just get a pipe welded to the cat and clamp it or get a pipe welded to the cat as well as a flange on either side to bolt together?

This is how my exhaust looks at the moment.

image.jpeg

182 ff
Hi all,

Basically my Piper exhaust is blowing like f**k from the olive joint I think. It's also sagging pretty bad at this joint too.

The Piper is already sleeved so should I just get a pipe welded to the cat and clamp it or get a pipe welded to the cat as well as a flange on either side to bolt together?

This is how my exhaust looks at the moment.

View attachment 147849
I just bought a water damaged scorpion rs 192... its come with a cat support..i think they sell the kits for £40.. not sure if it would help,not fitted mine yet.. am sure you would get something made your self..

www.scorpion-exhausts.com/siteadmin/site_images/uploaded_documents/916_01~_srn019d_01.pdf

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Cheers for the replies lads.

Finally found pics of I'm looking for and its either:

Sleeve and clamp like this
image.png

Or

Flange like this
image.jpeg

BG Clio 182
Are you a thousand percent sure it's blowing at the join and not at the cat? Mine was at the cat so I put a new one on it. If you get rid of that silencer that'll stop it sagging too haha.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Pretty sure it's the olive joint. It was blowing already but when me and dannnnnn2973636283 fitted my scenic shifter, we only put it back together quickly as I knew it needed sorting anyway.

If there's any other holes on the cat etc, I'll just get them to weld them up whilst they're there ha

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
That looks spot on. Think I'll just go with it sleeving, looks much easier than getting a flange welded on.

Now do I remove the silencer or not?

BG Clio 182
@Bear Head have you removed the silencer of yours? How much louder does it make it?
I bought a scorpion centre silencer delete mate and it sounds lovely. Takes all the weight out of the centre :) haha urmm, a bit louder. If you imagine it makes the sound travel more but the decibels aren't any louder if you get me?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm just gonna get it taken off. If it's too loud for my liking, I'll just keep the silencer and get it put back on.

Now just to get it booked in!

BG Clio 182
I'm just gonna get it taken off. If it's too loud for my liking, I'll just keep the silencer and get it put back on.

Now just to get it booked in!
I bought a non silenced centre section mate for 60 quid brand new a scorpion one on eBay