ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust centre section

I looked under my CUP when the engine was running today and noticed water dripping from the fixing where the back of the centre section joins to the rest of the exhaust. I also can hear a metallic ticking and sometimes rasping sound when Im in the car from under the gear lever area.

Is this possibly the beginning of what the 4k rattle problem is?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the water seeping out of the joints is normal(water produced by the cat+condensation when cold).the ticking noise is the metal reacting with the heat(my standard system did it especially hear it when i turned off the engine).172s do have a characteristic noise from the cat/front pipe area sounds a bit like its blowing but its not.

Im not talking about the metallic pinging when you switch the engine off, its like a ticking/soft rattle from under where the gear lever is that you can hear from about 2000rpm +.