ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Emissions High!!

Titanium Clio 182
What could be causing this, the man i went to see to do my MOT said it failed first time round but then only just passed on the seconds reading and 3rd reading on the 2nd test. He said it was over fuelling but didn't know why?

Titanium Clio 182
Oh right, he said he let it warm up, It passed anyway, i am just hoping there is nothing else wrong with the car lol.

Titanium Clio 182
He didn't give me the reading, he just said they were high. Just rang me and said the emissions were high and when was the last time it was services, I said 15,000 miles ago lol. So he said do you want a service as well so i said yeah. As it did need one.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
just got mine done today mine were sky high lol, ECU temp sender sorted it out though :)

Titanium Clio 182
oh right, i've just thrashed it, didn't want to but this dick chav was up my arse and then overtook, think he impressed his missus lol. I then stormed passed him. (Obviouslt at 70mph :)). + 50 but that should have cleaned it.

Do garages do free emissions tests?

Volvo S60 T5
I expect it will be a faulty oxygen sensor causing the problem.
As to free emission tests, we carry out a full clip diagnostic test with every service.

Titanium Clio 182
I expect it will be a faulty oxygen sensor causing the problem.
As to free emission tests, we carry out a full clip diagnostic test with every service.
I should have taken the car to you but it was just so much easier at the time to take it to a place near kwik fit behind matalan as I could walk there. When i drop my car in on Tuesday can you check that out also. Just hope the steering problem doesn't cost too much to fix!!!