ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust for 197 with a 200 diffuser

RB 182
As some of you may know i have just picked up my 197, it has a 200 diffuser attached so would I be right in thinking that i need a 200 exhaust fitted so that the tailpipes do not melt the diffuser? or does it not matter either way?

Cheers.

he9a5ahe.jpg

On my brother 197 with 200 diffuser, the previous owner had some exhaust trims made up which stick out of the bumper.

RB 182
he9a5ahe.jpg

On my brother 197 with 200 diffuser, the previous owner had some exhaust trims made up which stick out of the bumper.
it was more the fact that i head that it can burn the diffuser if you put a 197 exhaust on it rather than not being able to see it...

RB 182
Nope it's the standard system on it
Sorry probably should have made it more clear.. i already have the 200 diffuser on my 197 with the standard exhuast... im looking at getting an after market cat back and was wondering if i needed to get the 197 or 200 system...

Clio 197
when i had an exhaust on it i had a 200 exhaust, the only differance in a 197 and a 200 exhaust is the 197 system has slash cut tips.

RB 182
when i had an exhaust on it i had a 200 exhaust, the only differance in a 197 and a 200 exhaust is the 197 system has slash cut tips.
Cheers man, ahh right I thought that was pretty much the only difference I just couldn't find a definite answer...

MCS 2003
Have a miltek on my 200 resonated - at first I thought too loud but now its settled down a bit and only loud when you push it - bit of a bugger to fit

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Videos do the akra absolutely no justice. I thought they sounded a bit s**t after seeing vids, then I went weak at the knees after a ride in a 200 with one fitted.

But yes, a 197 exhaust (slash cut, not extending out of the diffuser) will melt a 200 diffuser... The exhaust gasses being trapped in the diffuser can't be good either

RB 182
For any one interested I seriously recommend scorpion exhausts for 197/200 the sound is epic, just need a map now to adjust to it, will post videos soon