ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust gas monitor warning light help on 182?

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
hi just noticed the exhaust gas monitor warning light to the far bottom right of the instrument panel is illuminated.my car is standard and still drives fine.what does it mean when this lihght comes on?

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
what do i need to read the codes and where can i get it from?

i took mine to a local garage, where they had a fault code reader, it cost me £10 for him to plug it in and find the fault code.......you can buy 1 yourself dont think they cost much......................in the link above there is a link to a list of what each code means, mine was the sensor before the cat, i bought 1 off ebay ( there's a link for that in the other thread too ) i then got that fitted and went back to the original garage to get the engine management light turned off using the code reader, he didnt charge me for that

When mine came on I called out RAC, he hooked it up to his computer, told me it was a sensor on the exhaust so he had a look underneath, fiddled about for 10 mins, said he'd cleaned it up a bit, then re-set the warning light & every thing was fine from then on. total cost £0, apart from my RAC membership of course!

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
Has anyone else had success with the AA or RAC fixing this problem at the point of breakdown? Mine came on this morning thats all.

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
Hi bud. I got the AA out and they reset the fault. The light has stayed off since, touch wood.