ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust heat shield fell off our Micra...

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Morning - I'm looking for some help/advice regarding our Micra (sorry if its in't wrong section)

Basically drove through some floods last night to get home - (we were directed along the stretch of road by Highways Agency/Water agency people) and when finally emerging from the other side the car was making an awful rattling when stationary - quick inspection and the heat shield inside/along the exhaust tunnel had come loose. Closer inspection this morning and its pulled all the bolts/washers off the underside (the bolt heads that are left sticking through look pretty rusty and minging anyway so probably a matter of time). I assume i can't just pull it out and forget about it and its going to need replacing. I imagine I'll have to take a lot of KY with me if I go to out our local Nissan dealer to get it sorted as it looks like it might need the back section of the exhaust taking off for proper access... Is there any other options or replacement/flexible material that I can attach instead without the need to potentially remove the exhaust? I've managed to cable tie it up and out of the way so it doesn't catch on our driveway/speed bumps for the time being. I'm going to ring around a few places when I get to work to get some quotes but if theres a DIY solution that'd be much better!!

Thanks,

D.

(sorry if its in't wrong section)

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Just rip it off

My first thought when I was under the thing in the rain trying to feed cable ties through the chassis... Its basically off now as I've jus tbeen to photograph one of our sites under a ft of water - backed into a gateway.. ops