ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Help!!!

At the moment Ive got a Powerflow backbox fitted to my 16V. AT the time I didnt have the cash to go for a full system - thats my excuse.

Anyway - now I have the cash and want one so rang up to see what they could do. I said I wanted my CAT and other centre silencer ripped off and just a straight through system to the backbox but they warned me against this due to lack of back pressure. They also said it would be extremely loud but that really doesnt bother me.

They recommend taking the cat off and having just one centre silencer box fitted but I want flames!!!!!

Anyone got any experience with Powerflow or anything on this subject???

cheers

you wont get flames mate...never!!!!
because the fueling system on a 16V is not like that. When you take your fot off the throttle, fuel is cut to jus enough to kee a idle, not enough to pass through the combustion process and be burn offin the exhaust, even thenyou would need something to ignite it. Get a centre silencer as it will be too loud, trust me, im getting a side exit zrst tested and i want loud, but it was too much. Think GT series car!!! (loudness, not tune haha!) oh, and a true straight through system on a clio is impossible becasue it has to go through the rear axle and the big torsion bar is in the way, you could, but it would scrape the ground!

BMW 320d Sport

Well I wouldnt say flames are impossible on a 16v. On a standard one maybe, not with mods - extra fuelling through a chip or boosted fuel pressure (I have both) and hotter cams with more overlap (which I dont have) would fix the lack of flames. And obviously the cat would have to be removed. But I can tell you that my 16v pops and farts on the overrun once the exhaust is hot enough. Only problem is I think its igniting in the area before the centre box so no flames coming out the exhaust pipe. Yet. Im working on it.

yeah, you wont get any flames until you canmake sure that on overun there is enough fuel getting through (i.e.not burnt in the combustion process) and enough O2 to burn with in the exhaust, but having this means that idle will be very poor, due to over fuelling!!! will be hard mate to make it run well, with the flamming exhaust

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

my mate showed me his months redline and in it theres a section where you can buy a £150 flame kit, it tells you how easy it is to fit. its done by having a spark plug and button in the front to active when you want. sounds good hu..