ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Identification.

Fiesta ST3
Hey guys,

So ive got a yozza race stealth on order, but in the meantime the previous owners bodge job of sorting out exhaust hangars has failed.

So at the moment the exhaust is sitting on the middle hangar (also needs replacing) and is un - drivable as the backbox is hitting the crossbeam thing.

Now I had a go at changing the rear mount the other morning, but I could not get the exhausts pin / mounting point to line up with the hangar :S.

So my question is, is my exhaust standard and does it look normal / ok to you guys? see pics below.

Exhaust_1.jpgExhaust_2.jpg
Exhaust_3.jpgExhaust_2.jpg

Sorry for the overly complicated explanation and thanks for your time!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
The hangar looks totally wrong to me. It's either a sh*te job by a custom exhaust centre like powerflow or that backbox was not originally inteded for a 172 and has been bodged to fit.

Fiesta ST3
hmm yeah the hangar just doesn't seem to be at the correct angle to fit the OEM hangar. I need my new exhaust quick to get this sorted for next week, but in the mean time, any suggestions on how to get a quick fix on this?

Fiesta ST3
So as it turns out it was a crappy powerflow back-box, don't know about the mid section. Its currently getting a new BTB stealth fitted as we speak:D

A tip for when you do replace the middle hangar - put a thick cable tie around the rubber to reduce the sag. With a custom made exhaust a new middle hangar lasted 4 months before snapping for me.

Fiesta ST3
Cheers Dane, yeah some of the stress is taken away by the additional rear bracket. The noise is awesome! and I cant decide whether to go for one of their 182 cat modifications and then a remap

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
If you like the noise then decat and remap instead of 182 cat mod and remap IMO just for the pure sound side of things :)

Fiesta ST3
I am considering a decat. Does anyone know weather the remap will sort the 'not having a cat problem' with fueling ect?