ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust + Induction kit BHP gains

172 FF
Is there any Exhaust and Induction kit combo for the FF 172 that has proven gains in bhp etc? Looking for an aftermarket pair to replace standard setup but jus wondering what's the best option or any advice/opinions. Wouldn't want the exhaust to be too loud as do a lot of motorway miles sitting at 80.

b/g 182, meg tourer
hmmm, wouldnt really say you would notice any dirrerence. aftermarket one would be a bit lighter, less restrictive (especially with a decat), probably get equivilent to like a 2bhp gain or something. dont get an induction kit, especially if you dont want a loud car, stick a pannel filter in it (itg or green)

Renaultsport Clio 197
2bhp only? don't think so...

what about a bmc cda/maxogen and a ktr or some other exhausts?

k-tec and the likes says just the exhaust will give up to 7 bhp..and surelly at least one or 2 bhp from the induction kits mentioned above.
and the extra torque.. ofcourse there will be a difference

and people swear to have felt the difference just with an exhaust.

K-tecs exhaust will give you 7bhp if your old exhaust has got a potato stuck on the end

Panel filter + exhaust is say 5bhp tops (plus a bit more driveability) on a 182 not sure about the 172

VaVa
Get a Maxogen. I can't compare the GDI/Piper I have to standard, but it's way better than my old Prospeed..... Ultimately it's the decat that's made the most difference to mine.

I

some induction kits are better than others , most gains will be after the remap as you could have a good induction kit and exhaust but air flow/fueling will be wrong .

maxogen for IK (money dependant) plenty of exhausts around , quite a few stealths as well .

gains looking at 5-10 after remap .

A4 Avant
The decat or sports cat makes the biggest difference on a 172 I think, filter and IK would give a couple of bhp on there own.

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
i just fitted itg panel, janspeed sports catand k-tec stealth and it certainly picks up better lower revs not sure top end tho? the car has always felt "slow" after driving my 5gtt

172 FF
i just fitted itg panel, janspeed sports catand k-tec stealth and it certainly picks up better lower revs not sure top end tho? the car has always felt "slow" after driving my 5gtt

where did u get your ITG panel filter and how much? Cant seem to find anywhere that sells em, not even demon tweeks

Honda ATR
Ive got a green cotton pannel filter on my 182, it seems less restrictive when pushing hard than standard but nothing to brag about...

Clio Cup/GSXR 600

where did u get your ITG panel filter and how much? Cant seem to find anywhere that sells em, not even demon tweeks

as said above k-tec. you wont see masive gains from them but if your planning further mods every little helps... Tesco tuning? lol

Last edited: