ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust... It had to happen... Help needed!

Cup 172
Well, it finally happened. After 36k miles and 4.5 years, the backbox has gone on the cup..

Anyone know how much a new standard backbox is? Is it worth upgrading to a full stainless system? Bit strapped at the minute, so that might be a factor...

Thanks,
Phil.

Clio 172 mk2
Upgrade to full stainless mate....you won't regret it and it's probably as cheap as an OE system.

Plenty to choose from as well

phase 1 172, saxo vts
Hi mate i would go for a stainless my centre section went last year was going to cost me a 180 quid just for that from renault

Definately worth upgrading to a full stainless one. The OE replacement is not particularly cheap or well made.

If your anywhere near Cardiff I personally recommend Prospeed; very happy with my exhaust from there

I suggest you try to get some feedback on the particular Powerflow outlet your going to use. I think they can be a bit of a mixed bag some good, some bad (similar for Longlife)

I went through all this when I was deciding where to go for my exhaust!

Have you considered a K-tec Stealth? Alot of people are happy with them. Its just been revised too to reduce resonance IRRC

Cup 172
I suggest you try to get some feedback on the particular Powerflow outlet your going to use. I think they can be a bit of a mixed bag some good, some bad (similar for Longlife)

I went through all this when I was deciding where to go for my exhaust!

Have you considered a K-tec Stealth? Alot of people are happy with them. Its just been revised too to reduce resonance IRRC

What did you go for in the end?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
What did you go for in the end?

Pro-speed ;)

Charlie's ace, top bloke. You wont be disapointed with Prospeed!

Likewise...Had a mid-sport note stealth system. Was built while I waited...and I was (and still am!) V.happy with the result. It was a good few hundred miles round trip from Telford in the W.Midlands, but the trip back was worth it...although I was deaf in my left ear from the exhaust having fell off the day before!

Excuse dirty bumper...but here's a pic of mine!
ABCD0011.gif