ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust knacked

My exhaust has just decided to snap at the point where the mid-section joins the backbox. I cant believe a 2 year old car with 13k on the clock and is garaged every night should have exhaust pipes dropping off!

Ill have to wait until Monday to see what the local Renault dealer tries fobbing me off with. Theyll probably put it down to the age of the car like they said when my windscreen wash bottle decided not to hold water for longer than 5 minutes. Renault really p!ss me off.:mad:

Carrey.

Golf 1.4 TSI

use the mot thing, if car doesnt need mot in first three yrs only tyres should need changed etc, worked for me

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

my washer bottle was changed under warrenty when it kept dumping its load within 5 minutes. (took 3 attempts though)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Sling it. If they change it itll just go again. Get an aftermarket stainless one with a lifetime warranty.

Clio Dci

get a nice magnex. i had one fitted yesterday and they look and sound superb. ive not got any pics but im sure we can twist lee ore mikes arm for one. :)

Clio Dci

oval mate. was sh1tting myself when the were fitting it because off the car it looks fecking huge. but once its on it looks great. its at its n loudest at low revs i.e 2-3k but seems to less noticeable when givving it some.

if you look in the gallery there is a 172 with a magnex oval.

A well built VW

I had the same prob with cat at 17k knackered got it at cost to give renault their due and it is a 4yr old car still got warranty but exhausts etc not covered

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

exhausts are only covered in the 1st years warranty.they rot more from the inside now due to one of the cats main products/outputs is water

Just thought Id let you know of the outcome with the exhaust. Renault admitted that it was a manufacturing flaw with the exhaust, but they still only agreed to pay for half the cost of a new backbox! This they said was because Id had two years out of it already and thought this was appropriate. I wrote a letter to the top man at Renault U.K. saying that I wasnt happy with what they were offering me, and they wrote back saying they would give me no more. So because I was getting fed up with temporary deafness every time I drove it I had to agree and have it fitted. It cost me £87.00.:(

Carrey.

P.S. On a happier note someone bought me a road angel for Chrimbo.:D

My standard exhaust snapped at the cat, so it was the entire cat pipe needed. They didnt quibble it and I got a new one - they didnt tell me what the problem was though - I assume it was a manufacturing flaw. I had done roughly 15K but had only had the car approx 6 months!!