ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust knock when cornering on bumpy surface

Seem to be getting an exhaust knock when cornering over rough road. Its quite a loud clunk, almost sounds like its hitting the subframe, but I can never replicate it when parked and checking it over.

Tends to only be tighter corners with a few bumps inbetween. I have a powerflex dogbone and recently changed the upper gearbox mount, possibly the top engine mount?

Silver 182
awhile back on my 1.4 i had spring go near the engine.. and the whole exhaust cos of that was loose and hanging down.. had to fix it with a rubber bond until i found the right spring for it.. so maybe you right something closer down the line to the engine.

Dont forget that 182 exhaust is made of 3 parts instead of 2 like on most cars (so i been told). And you probably have a flexible bond at the top.. make sure thats tight or not broken.. and if like 1.4 it has springs holding it closer to the engine make sure those are fine too

p.s i am not a mechanic just on my experience with 1.4 :)