ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust knocking yet again !!!!

Hello all
Wondering if anyone has any ideas as Its driving me mad. I've changed all engine mounts, all exhaust mounts, new clamps, cat fitting kit, heat shield washers etc etc. even taken whole system off and reseated and aligned and I'm still getting a knocking on the exhaust. Its a constant knock too I.e not when coming off the throttle. It's almost like a grumble if that makes any sense ?
Can anyone thing of anything I'm missing or is it just a badly designed system ?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You sure it's your exhaust if it's a constant grumble? Maybe a wheel bearing?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
dogbone mount?
or.......
Mine did this, it was a duff upper gearbox mount, almost like a gentle buzzing through the car rather than a knock.

Has poly dogbone mount ( 3 weeks ago ) New upper and lower gearbox mounts ( 2 weeks ago ) new upper Engine mount ( 2 weeks ago ) new Red Centre exhaust mount ( 2 weeks ago )
Rear Exhaust hanger x 2 ( 2 Weeks ago ) new Cat fitting kit ( 2 weeks ago ) and new rubber mounts ( 2 weeks ago ) so im stumped !!
oh also new poly ARB inner and outer bush ( 2 weeks ago ) New poly Steering rack bushes ( 2 weeks ago )
new OE suspension top mounts ( 2 weeks ago ) new ball joints ( 4 weeks ago ) new driveshafts ( 2 months ago ) so i thought id have it covered but no lol

Last edited:
  PH2 172
It only knocks when car is moving, no its definitely a knock of some kind but seems like its right under seats
I had an annoying knock from a worn rear beam bush.Try coasting at 3-5 mph with the engine off.
Also have you got spacers on the front wheels,with Brembo discs?The tapered grub screws are too long,and stop the spacers seating correctly.
What car,I`m guessing 182,what exhaust system?

I had an annoying knock from a worn rear beam bush.Try coasting at 3-5 mph with the engine off.
Also have you got spacers on the front wheels,with Brembo discs?The tapered grub screws are too long,and stop the spacers seating correctly.
What car,I`m guessing 182,what exhaust system?
Sorry forgot to add its a 182 cup. It's not got spacers on and has standard discs all round. That's matey I'll try the coasting idea

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I'm having this same problem at slow speeds it sounds like it's hitting the axle. It's horrendous. Tried all sorts. It's an exhaust I've not heard of too. Called High Oak :/

Any ideas