ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust mount. Help needed. :)

Clio 172
In the process of swapping my zorst mount in my 172. Got one bolt out, made a move onto removing the second and it won't budge. The first bolt had a 13mm nut in the back, guessed the second one was the same...it's not. Anyone know if this is part of the car or another nut that is properly corroded? it looks very round!!

CA40496C-4262-4F50-8DC8-57AC02EEDAF5_zpsyepdnnxy.jpg

Jack

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 33

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It's not a nut, it's welded to the car for the bolt to screw into,
and it is perfectly round, mine has broke free of the weld and stops the bolt from unscrewing,
they're a f*cking pain in the arse tbh.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Spray a load of WD40 on it and let it soak, the bolt doesn't look as bad as the dohicky,
hopefully it'll unscrew without breaking the weld.

Clio 172
Spray a load of WD40 on it and let it soak, the bolt doesn't look as bad as the dohicky,
hopefully it'll unscrew without breaking the weld.

Did that...the bolt sheared off at the halfway point. Couldn't be more fuming. The zorst is even more wonky now and I need to take it to a garage next week. :/ f**king s**t cars! Haha.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I took mine to a garage and it took a lift & two huge meathead mechanics to shift it,
they nearly snapped their breaker bar getting it off, but for some reason they put the round thing back on,
yeah thanks, it's not like a nut would have done the same job you moronic f*cktards!

My exhaust has been held on with zip ties since last autumn
after the rear hanger melted at a track day.

Clio 172
I'm going to zip tie it up more tomorrow and nip the one bolt up a little but more just to be sure it's not going to drop! Hopefully the garage im taking the car to will just drill the snapped one out and replace them with new bolts. Going to ask them to grease everything up as well to stop this happening again!

Jack