ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Mount

Hi all,

I noticed a lot of banging from the rear of my 182 and it turns out one of the rubber X mounts has collapsed.

Are these easy to change as I don't want to take to to Renault unless i really have to.

Thanks,

Dazz

Focus ST
From what I have seen, having had to make a few manual adjustments myself. NO, its not hard to do. It appears to be a job capable of any sensible person.

But what I would say, you may as well go to a Renault garage on a weekend and use their Renault Minute service. No appointment needed, just turn up. That way, they'll supply the mount and you can be in and out in 20 minutes or so.

Ok thanks mate.

Thing is the car is two years old so they'll probably say its wear and tear, and i don't fancy paying £40 for 5 minutes labour.

Right i've got it booked in at Renault Minute first thing in the morning and they said they'll look at it and then decide it its warranty. In my eyes a 2 year old car thats done 16k should still be done under warranty, fingers crossed!

Clio 172mk2
yer its 4 bolts , one on the zorst hanger, and 3 up into car. its s**t mount to be honest. and they cost 20 quid so if it aint warrenty claim . dont buy one , u can fit a normal rubber mount into the hole and glue and tie wrap it into place,

on mine i just wedged some rubber tubin in the holes and tie wrapped it