ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Noises

Clio 182
Hey Guys,

My cars exhaust seems to be progressively getting louder recently. I have a 182 with about 25k on the clock. It is still on the standard exhaust.

It seems lumpy when cold, which is similar on all these engines, however when going for a "spirited" drive it seems as though the exhaust or inlet is blowing and you can mainly hear a rush of air from underneath the passangers footwell. I put my hands over the end of both exhausts and the system seems to pressurise so it cannot be a bad leak.

Is this a common problem, I know that the standard exhuasts do not last much longer than 25k, but i thought it was the backboxes that rust through first.

Maybe the noises are all induction based and a gasket is leaking somewhere? has anybody had the same, where you can hear air rushing under the passenger footwell when giving it some beans!

Thanks in advance