ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Polish

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, i need to clean my K-Tec exhaust, cos i wanna take some pics today an its dirty already

i was gonna use Autosol, but on the packet it says not for use on mirror finish surfaces, which my exhaust is

david at k-tec has told me it would be fine, but i dont wanna chance it, does anyone have any suggestions ?

what about Peek which they sell at Halfords, it also comes in a little metal bottle, would that be ok ?

The stuff I use for my Magnex 6x4 Oval is from Halfords.. not sure what it is called but it comes in a toothpaste type tube and is silver - it was £4.95 I think - it works a treat and leaves a nice shiny finish.

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea but a Magnex doesnt have a mirror finish mate, my K-Tec is like a mirror (when its clean)

its got a special finish on it, an i dont wanna use somethin too abrasive an damage it

(also i thnk it was Peek hes talkin about, Autosol is white)

i havent seen or heard of peek to be honest, but surely if the guy who made your exhaust says it would be ok then why not trust him?? i know where you are coming from, whats this special finish??

chuckie

GR7

Shiny red R32

I wonder if Brasso is any good, as it is only mildly abrasive, and brings up my copper kettles a treat!

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea i know, suppose i could try some, but id rather not have a little patch thats damaged......and it wud be very fiddly to do it in a place where u cant see it

i guess ill just have to give somethin a go, he did say "the exhaust can be cleaned with any metal polish" i suppose, so if it does fcuk it up ill be on the phone to K-Tec hehe

Skoda Fabia vRS

where can i get that from ?.......also on the stuff in halfords it does say there all fine for chrome, just not for a mirror finish surface, its somethin to do with whether the finish is laquered or not i think

autoglym. Comes in a silver tube and the extra shiny polish finish on my mongoose exhaust turns to mirror like qualities. I swear by this stuff

I just use Mer polish.... or even white spirit which is very cheap, wont affect the finish as its not abbrasive, and it gets burnt on tar off a treat.Ive even used it on the bodywork before now to remove tar spots.

Skoda Fabia vRS

well ive bought some of the liquid version of Peek from Halfords today, ill have to give it a try