ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust problem + pics

BG 182
Hi guys
The other day my car started to sound like an impreza whilst going down the A1. ive had a look and my back box isnt attached anymore but it looks to me like its the centre section that has split (but i know nothing:S)..
I took some pics, can you guys advise as to which part will need replacing.
hoping for a cheapy as im skint till end of the month.
IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Thanks guys
Tony

Lots of Alfas
Ive had one thats broke there, you need a new centre section, they are £180 from Renault. I have a brand new one for sale thats never been fitted if your interested??

They are easy to fit, unbolt from the cat, unbolt the clamp and refit. Your back box looks like its been replaced already??

BG 182
Thanks for the advise mate. Hopefully ill have 1 that will do for now (borrow manbacks old 1) untill the cash comes in then maybe ill look into something aftermarket.

Yeah the back box was done before i got it (found the recipt in the documents)
cheers
Tony

BG 182
Leg end

had to drive it today in ponte today and everyone helpfully pointed down toward my exhaust, as if i didnt realise that my car sounds like a truck..

Lots of Alfas
I think weve all done it, when mine came apart I only had a 4 mile trip home but it was painfully embarrassing, especially driving trhough sleepy little villages.

BG 182
^ yeah I droped my GF off in town and the teenagers in there corsas were all having a stair. not realy my proudest moment:eek:

Renault clio S 1.4
mine went the other month, and welded the git back up, what a bodge, but works, if ya careful