ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust rattle at front

Renault Clio 1.2 MK2
I recently replaced my power flow exhaust for a much nicer and quieter Sportex exhaust, I've noticed there's a rattle when I accelerate and it sounds like it's coming from under the gear box, I've looked under the car and can see it's coming from the exhaust, I just can't work out what it could be? It looks fine on the outside just very old, could something be making a noise inside?

2003 Clio 172
I can hear something similar just as I pull away from a stop.
I'm not sure but I believe it's the heat shield on the subframe hitting the steering rack and/or exhaust manifold.

renault clio 1.4 16v
Check the heat shield bolts, they can come loose and the shield can make one hell of a noise, 4 or 5 bolts on each half of the shield

Also consider the CAT fitting kit.. I had a slight rattling sound coming from the front section of my exhaust- replaced the CAT fitting kit consisting of 2 bolts and a couple of springs and it solved the problem.

Ph1
I had an random annoying rattle develop once. Turned out to be the heatshield vibrating against the anti roll bar.

Will have know doubt disturbed something when fitting your exhaust