ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Rattling.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Mk1 ph3 1.2

Centre section by the cat hanging low and the back box twisted round. If I twist the back box it puts the centre section back in place. What do you think? Centre section mounting? What are they made from, metal? Gonna jack it up in a min and take a look, just wondered if anyone else has had/fixed this problem.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
It's the weld on the backbox allowing the rest of the exhaust to twist n drop.

Assume that the new backboxes from Renault come with about a foot of exhaust pipe because the first bolted join to the centre section is about a foot from the backbox.

Punto/Clio GTT
i put an aftermarket backbox on mine and after a few days itd work its way loose again, just string it up tight by the handbrake cable, make a custom mount

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Not going to bother with an aftermarket but will definitly make a custom mount seen as it seems the whole thing is only supported by the backbox and engine.

Renault Sport Clio 172!
I had problems last month with mine the mid section went cost me £220 from renault (mk2 172) bad rip off.

Sorted now thow! :D
</IMG>

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Fookin hell, well I'll be doing the work myself so it's just the price of a backbox. Anyone know how much that'll be?

ff silver 182
Hi there , i just bought a 182 and noticed the exhaust suffers from mounting problems too. Whats the deal with them are they a design fault on renaults behalf ?. Does fitting an aftermarket exhaust solve the problem or should i get a standard one fitted . ?Please help before i blow a load of cash....

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Bump for the guy above.

Original Renault backbox is 66 quid, Pattern (?) backbox from renault is 39 quid. Wonder which one I'll get.

ph1 172 / r1 mini project
Hi there , i just bought a 182 and noticed the exhaust suffers from mounting problems too. Whats the deal with them are they a design fault on renaults behalf ?. Does fitting an aftermarket exhaust solve the problem or should i get a standard one fitted . ?Please help before i blow a load of cash....

ive got a aftermarket magnex system and its started suffering the same fault mate, like said above the whole exhaust seems to be held on by the back box and lump

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
I had the same problem, I asked k-tec for one of their 5 gtt side exit exhaust brackets. I then fitted this to one of the bolts on the end of the exhaust heat shield just before the 90 degree bend. The advantage I had with the hanger from k-tec, is that it was cushened so the exhaust could still move.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Lmao, went to fit the backbox yesterday after spending ages getting the old bolts on and fiddling around trying to hold the 2 pieces together while I bolted them I came across a problem. You can't mount the exhaust because the rear axle is in the way. I thought I was just being thick, but no, I've read the Haynes manual and in fact you have to cut the exhaust to enable it to clear the rear axle.

The french are so clever.