ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust rubber/mount

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Exhaust was knocking so i thought it was just a rubber which would take 30seconds to change.
After having a look its actually a rubber thats gone but this rubber is housed in a quite large metal mounting to the rear of the back box.

Does anyone know what this is or called?

I assume there is no way just to change the rubber on its own and therefore the whole metal housing unit with the rubber inside needs to be bought?

sounds like the back box hanger. you could cut the rubber out and somehow fix a conventional hanger into the alloy frame, but it's probably easier just to fit a complete mount - they're about £20 from Renault, may be half that for a pattern part. lots of people pack the mount with hose/tube to help prevent it sagging (there'll be pics on search)

Clio Sport 172 ITB
k-tec just bought out a new tougher exhaust hanger mounting that sorts out the fubar one made by renault. give em a call tomorrow at some point :)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
£8.99 cant be bad i guess.
Are they easy to fit or will i need to go to a garage? I havnt looked yet to see how its held on.

Evo 8 MR
3 screws iirc, jack it up and get underneath, don't forget to get another jack on the zorst before you remove it though.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Don't need to jack the car up, it is a little tight but it's accessible with the car on the ground.

Jack the exhaust backbox up a little bit to take the weight off the mount, then locate the 3x13mm bolts, 2 on the side between the mount and bumper, one on the other side. Then swap the mounts. I found it easier to put the exhaust bit into the centre of the mount and then position it and put the bolts back in. Then release the jack.

The weight of my stealth is too much for the rubber on mine so will have to look at altering it somehow.