ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust rubbers for 182

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
My exhaust was hanging slightly, turns out the rubber hangings have given way and need replacing.

Do i need ot just order the rubber hangings and how do you replace them? Do i need to remove the mount completely or is there a quick way? Also how do the rubber mountings come off and go back on again?

Cheers.

Welcome to the L4yer
Rubber mount is bolted to underside by three bolts if I remember correctly. The rubber mount is located on a rod that is welded to the back box. You can cut off the old mount with a stanley knife as you wont need it anymore. The new mount should slide on with a bit of persuasion. I would check you back box at the same time as the joint over the rear axle could be damaged from the mount failing. Good excuse to upgrade the exhaust :)

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I ordered the part on Tuesday, collected it today and its the wrong one. :(

Although it looks very similar to the one on my car, when it came to actually fitting the peice theres no mountings for it to attach to the underside, just seems to have peieces of metal sticking out which i assume slot into place on anothjer mount.

A long shot but does anyone have the part number for it?

Cheers.

Mondeo TDCI 130
7700424339 you want two, happens a bit, f**k knows where renault get there part numbers from!

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Cheers mate, i will only need the one as the other is still ok and at £20 a pop ill wait until it goes. :D

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Need a bit of help here please.

Got the mount off and backbox supported on a trolley jack but im having major problems fitting the new mount.

The rubber part has the "O" to slot the rod into place but the gap is far too tight. Im not sure if this is anything what viper mentioned above but inside the rubber mount the "O" has a metal "O" and it seems the old one is still on the rod and wont shift?

What part do i take off with the stanley knife too?

Cheers.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Nevermind, managed to sort it. If for future reference anyone is doing the same job you need to take the bolt off the end of the hanger and the old metal "O" slides off just after.