ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust sagging, How to fix?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
hey

My exhaust is sagging @ the Cat-Exhaust olive join.

here is a picture i made just now trying to show the issue:
exhaust_zps12dce545.png

Now its NOT that bad as i have drawn, But its deffo sagging at that joint, and its had 3 new gaskets in past 3 months. Used sealant too and each time it starts blowing again.

The Center mount is new, and the rear mount is fine as i have reinforced it with zipties lol

I will take a photo of the exhaust later today to show exactly the issue, but i would like to sort this as i cant keep fitting new gaskets every month lol.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
What are your engine mounts like?
Dogbone is good. Top left engine mount looks like it needs changing - have one on order.
The one under the battery i expect is shagged.... But cant seem to find a decent priced one yet.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
have a look at my hold on its going to get bumpy thread...
Hey

Yea looked at that, But would rather not ruin the Cat tbh. I want to have the option to buy a cat back in the future and fit it myself without requiring a welder.

Hey

Yea looked at that, But would rather not ruin the Cat tbh. I want to have the option to buy a cat back in the future and fit it myself without requiring a welder.

I had the mod done on my yozza, gettting rid of that olive joint is the best thing you can do - as long as you plan it (get the right size pipe), then it's easy for it to fit on any exhaust :).

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Great...
just checked and it's blowing again.
lasted 2 days this time. And I think it's worse as car feels down on power now.
I don't think I can solve this without sleeving it... Will sort the engine mounts first as it's obviously moving too much