ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust seperation!

Clio 182
So my exhaust decided to ruin my weekend yesterday by shearing just before the silencer. Looks like it has been patched up before though. Trying to get an exhaust over the bank holiday is just impossible. Any ideas for a quick fix until post Easter normal business resumes? I would include some pics but it keeps failing to upload for some reason?!? Is there a limit on file size?

Clio182
Iv got an exhaust you can have for free, it's a bit blowy but better than nothing. I'm a bit of a track away though.

Clio 182
Iv got an exhaust you can have for free, it's a bit blowy but better than nothing. I'm a bit of a track away though.

Thanks for the offer, but as you say a bit too far for me. I've patched the break as best I could with a flexiwrap, so that should keep me going until I source a cat back. Any suggestions on what to go for would be good, I really liked the look of http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?732802-New-Scorpion-Exhaust but I don't think I can wait for a group buy on these. I was thinking about the KTR/Janspeed Sport as I liked the slash cut and I don't want it too loud.

Clio182
I really won't recommend anything other than the Scorpion 192 . I'm new to the Clio scene and bought one of these straight away as I read real good reviews. The sound is awesome and it's not too loud either.

Clio 182
I went for the KTR/Janspeed in the end, should arrive Monday. Just couldn't wait for the new Scorpion (the one from the linked thread), I prefer the slash cut to the 'Le Mans' tip, but would have liked one because as you say most people really rate them. Maybe next car..

Clio 182
Exhaust arrived on Monday as promised (thanks ktr). Fitting went fairly ok, except for the alignment.

avuvaseh.jpg

Left tip is adjustable but ended up sitting just right, can't say the same for the right though. No matter what I did with the mounts, I couldn't get it move. I reused the mount bracket with some power flex bushes fitted, the the hole drilled in the centre. There was some spacers/washers fitted in between the mount and the bodyshell, so I'm getting some more made up to bring it down a bit. Anyone got any suggestions?