ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust spitting out water when the revs are high

Clio Sport 182
Hi guys,

I was driving my 182 today and decided to open her up a bit, when i started hitting high revs from 3k onwards, i noticed my back window started getting splats of water on it and my cousins car's windscreen was filled with water. Its coming from my exhaust pipe, i've been reading up on it and i know a lot of reasons are because of condensation but my engine is warm and so is the exhaust by the time i would even have thought about hitting high revs, so i wouldn't have thought it would be due to condensation, although i am no expert and may be wrong.

Can anyone help out as to what the issue may be?

Thanks,
Liam

Clio Sport 182
Exhaust backboxes, just behind the tips. The OEM ones rust like f**k because of this.
ohh back boxes, i know exhausts are pretty s**t on them, why they haven't just put a stainless steel exhaust on as stock i'll never know, just have to save the pennies and get my own s/s exhaust

Listerine & Poledo
the only exhaust that I've ever had to change....was on the 172.
It was swiftly followed by a shagged mid-pipe.
Then swiftly binned off