ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Wrap at very end of Exhaust?

Ph2 Clio 172
I have a 182 style exhaust on my 172 and it means a pipe goes sideways accross the back of my car behind the rear bumper to provide the second exit on the drivers side. There isn't much room between the bumper and the spare wheel well, so the exhaust can rattle against the spare wheel well at low revs. I was thinking of wrapping this bit of the exhaust in some heat shield exhaust wrap to stop the vibration. Can anyone see any issues with this? I assume temperatures right at the end of the exhaust will be a lot less than up at the manifold end so I shouldn't have any issues with hot spots?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i cant see ant issues arising from it,

but i doubt it will solve the issue tbh :(

Ph2 Clio 172
but i doubt it will solve the issue tbh :(

I agree, but its only a few quid to try it and see. The exhaust used to hang off centre and the tips rattled against the bumper. This was solved by pulling it back and sideways with some cable ties on the exhaust mounts, but now it rattles against the wheel well!

K Tec did a good job of designing a 182 style exhaust for the 172, but there isn't much room to play with between the bumper and the wheel well, so unless it hangs perfectly (something no RS exhaust ever seems to do) its always going to rattle or rub somewhere.