ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust wrap bandage? Anyone tried before?

I just got a pack of Billion exhaust wrap bandage, it is a brand from Japan.
Sorry, I really dun know if exhaust wrap bandage is the correct word.

Anyone fitted before on their exhaust manifold?? Are they good.
I got becos its cost is lower than I expect :-D

RS Clio Trophy
I had it on my 106 GTI and although i dident notice any difference in performance (dident expect to) the under bonnet temps came well down, which is good. i only did it because i was replacing the manifold, dont think id take the manifold off especially to do it

I don't need it to make my Clio performs better, but really wish it can cool down my engine temp. HK is damx hot!

Not got a car
wrap is good stuff, it makes s**t loads of dif to temp in the engine bay.

on my vtr:

img006.gif

Not a fan of exhaust wrap, seems to me like the perfect wick for a candle, especially when covered in the typical Clio oil leak?

172 phII
Heres my 4-2-1 manifold wrapped two years ago. It cools down engine bay a lot and in theory it should help engine performance by acceleration exhaust gases. After two years the wrap itself started to break unfortunately.

24z9nxt.jpg

I have it on my 172 manifold and downpipe simply for the fact to keep heat away from the brake lines at the back of the engine bay, as I dont have a heatshield there.

Its been spot on, never had an issue with high engine bay temperatures on trackdays and the brakes have always been spot on...

I painted the manifold and downpipe with VHT paint, then wrapped it, then sealed the wrap with specific sealant...

IMG_2479.jpg

Thanks for all the comment and pics!

It is funny that the pack I got comes with needle for fitting.

Sorry, question.
Seems I have to remove the exhaust manifold right??
Plus, do I have to lower the engine first in order to get the exhaust manifold out??

thx!

Clio 172 Cup!
keep the heat in the exhaust gases, so they exit the exhaust faster... i think... :)

Correct the use of Heat wrap is more suited to turbo cars as spools the turbo quicker = More Power! but as said will help a lot with under bonnet temps!:evil: But I dont think you will feel any performance gain in your Clio but it all helps!;)