ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust wrap - how much needed

As per the title basically.

My exhaust is knocking on the valver and even with new rubbers, on harder corners I cant get it to stop knocking.

As such I thought that I might buy some exhaust wrap.

Has anyone done it, does it make much of a difference and if so how much will I need. Hopefully itll both limit underbody and engine temperatures as well as soften the noise of the exhaust on the torsion bar. I have a stainless exhaust, I dont intend on wrapping the manifold though as its cast iron I believe.

if like you say, your mounts are all ok then i seriously suggest you get the connections between each exhaust section checked - it sounds like it must be loose mate

They arent.

Its a mongoose exhaust, just cant seem to stop it knocking on the torsion bar.

Perhaps Ill have another go at it this weekend.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

All aftermarket exhausts catch on the Torsion bar unfortunately, it seems to get worse with Heat which i imagine is down to them Expanding, but i dont think youll completely get rid of it anyway mate.....

How good to the Goose exhausts sound on the 16v though? Mine used to pop & bang all over the place lol - loved it!

Quote: Originally posted by nickg123 on 11 August 2005

All aftermarket exhausts catch on the Torsion bar unfortunately, it seems to get worse with Heat which i imagine is down to them Expanding, but i dont think youll completely get rid of it anyway mate.....

How good to the Goose exhausts sound on the 16v though? Mine used to pop & bang all over the place lol - loved it!
Its funny you should say that, as youre the second person to state that now.

Yes, it does pop and bang. I thought it was the exhaust knocking at first, but itll pop when warm on demand.

The exhaust banging is just awful though, especially with some people in the back. The 3" or 4" or whatever it is backbox is a bit chavvy though, if there is any way I can Id like to change it for something a bit smaller.