ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this an original 182 exhaust manifold?

As per title, I've seen pictures of this 4 to 2 to 1, and a different 4 to 1 manifold both advertised as '182 manifolds'
Can someone clarify please
20201014_123556_resized.jpg

It's stainless and obviously tubular rather than cast, so 3 more questions!

Is it worth replacing with anything less that a complete different design, such as PMS. Things like Gravity look pretty much the same thing.

Is it worth heat wrapping? To help underbonnet temps I guess yes, but any flow, power, response benefits?

If the answer to heat wrapping is yes, what wrap would you recommend.

Many thanks

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
The single pic you have posted above is a standard 4-2-1 exhaust mani from a 182, this will give you better mid-range in comparison to a 4-1 exhaust. 4-1 exhaust mani will give you slightly better top end, although I'm sure that can be debated.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
As above generally a 4-1 for top end power and 4-2-1 for mid range. I swapped my 172 to a 182 manifold and also fitted a decat link pipe so not totally like for like comparison, but I gained mid range torque which felt much nicer on the road but also gained peak power and peak torque and it shifted them a few hundred rpm lower into the rev range