ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exige - T350 Review

Wrote this for the lotus boys, but thought some on here might be interested.. So exuse the comparisons to the exige etc..

Thought i would write up a quick review as I am sure there are people on here who have at least considered the change to a TVR. Anyways, I decided to trade my NA 06 Exige in for a T350 and have had it three weeks now.

Reasons for the change were, the exige just wasnt getting used as it should (track) and was sitting on A roads all the time, plus the small boot was becoming a pain.. So decided I wanted something comfier, bigger boot, and just as rare.. Quick surf around and thought about a T350! Push came to shove and decided to go for it.. I made sure i bought a fully comp warranty with it aswell just incase ;)

Anyways.. As for the car itself, I think i prefer the looks of the exige, but the TVR seems to grab a HUGE amount of attention, quite un nerving at times tbh.. The boot is massive in comparison! And is also much comfier..

When i first drove it away, I was still on the honeymoon period, I loved it! The power is massive! there is torque everywhere, and the noise is immense! I really cant get over just how loud this car is! Yet cruising on the motorway its just a small rumble.. The one thing that really got to me was the handling, being used to the exige, it feels a bit 'wallowy'.. Bit too much body roll for my liking.

The interior is a really nice place to be, adjustable seats and wheel, meaning it quite easy to find a decent driving position.. The pedals are bottom hinged which takes a bit of getting used to, as does the massive pedal travel! In traffic the clutch can be hard work, and it gets very hot inside the cabin, which i believe is due to the transmission tunnel.. but the leccy windows are a nice touch! So not too much of a problem :D The car feels bigger than the lotus, but it also feels safer for some reason!?

Running costs - insurance was a few hundred more, and the petrol is probably about the same, unless around town where i think the exige was a good bit better, but on a run, the TVR can see about 30mpg

All in all, I'm pretty happy, i know one day i will go back for an orange exige S, once i dont need a boot etc.. But for now i'm happy :) I think its something people at least have to try once in their lives :D

Comments etc welcome :)

Few Pics

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

To..

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

Turbos.
Have you fitted a turbo to your door?

I think the TVR looks great, you are a brave man for using one as your only car. I personally could never take the risk as i'm convinced i'd be one of the horror stories! I am also far too much of a hooligan to be trusted with one.

Have you fitted a turbo to your door?

I think the TVR looks great, you are a brave man for using one as your only car. I personally could never take the risk as i'm convinced i'd be one of the horror stories! I am also far too much of a hooligan to be trusted with one.

HA! thats the speakers, couple in the boot aswell..

Yeah brave choice i know, did a bit of homework about this one, and hopefully it will be ok *fingers crossed*

Spoke to the previous owner quite a bit (he traded it in for a sagaris) and got quite a good feeling about it..

Broken Diesel Megane :(
MUCH comfier inside, still prefer the loks of the exige though.

thought i would jump on the bandwagon too

<<<

Turbos.
Does it have air-con btw (and does it work)?

The transmission tunnel must get in the way of the missus doing any dirty deeds on a long journey, bit of a deal breaker tbf!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Good review that.

I think a TVR has to be experienced by everyone at least once....bit like a decent Alfa (if such a thing exists!).

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why's he brave for owning one...Too many fcukin fairy's on here...He's away for 2wks of the month, why would he want a sensible car, not as tho it's for comuting to work!

Love the Pic without the plate! p**n! Needs PC'd badly but i fuckin loved it! Clutch would take a bit of getting used it, but i got there in the end, double clutching was easier and a blip of the throttle was co ck teasing!

Lotus - amazing on track, ok looking and quick
TVR - Perfection! I will have one! Will keep the vee too tho, i just couldn't sell.

PMSL at everyones flashbox, what have i started...

MUCH comfier inside, still prefer the loks of the exige though.

thought i would jump on the bandwagon too

<<<

Good man! Alan had me put the AJR bit in earlier lol

Aye the exige was a sexy beast, though the TVR looks are growing on me!

Does it have air-con btw (and does it work)?

The transmission tunnel must get in the way of the missus doing any dirty deeds on a long journey, bit of a deal breaker tbf!

Aye it has aircon, works ok, but think it needs a re-gas..

As for the transmission tunnel, its handy not having to rub shoulders with your passengers! lol.. She much prefers it to the lotus though

Why's he brave for owning one...Too many fcukin fairy's on here...He's away for 2wks of the month, why would be want a sensible car, not as tho it's for comuting to work!

Love the Pic without the plate! p**n! Needs PC'd badly but i f**kin loved it! Clutch would take a bit of getting used it, but i got there in the end, double clutching was easier and a blip of the throttle was co ck teasing!

Lotus - amazing on track, ok looking and quick
TVR - Perfection! I will have one! Will keep the vee too tho, i just couldn't sell.

PMSL at everyones flashbox, what have i started...

The plate actually fell off! ha ha.. so i've left it off for now, just worried i'd get pulled for it.. ??

I have made a few enquiries about a PC'n, £250 i got priced!?

did u consider a 2nd hand exige tourning packs. That way you wouldnt feel guilty riding with twin oil coolers etc ;)

or was the booot really needed :(

Mine had the twin oil coolers, but it just was no use for going up and down the motorway.. No overtaking power unless you sit at 6.5k revs all the time! lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You get more action of greased up Ruffnecks than you do Laura anyway!

By greased up...i don't mean pooki!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The plate actually fell off! ha ha.. so i've left it off for now, just worried i'd get pulled for it.. ??

I have made a few enquiries about a PC'n, £250 i got priced!?

did u consider a 2nd hand exige tourning packs. That way you wouldnt feel guilty riding with twin oil coolers etc ;)

or was the booot really needed :(

Mine had the twin oil coolers, but it just was no use for going up and down the motorway.. No overtaking power unless you sit at 6.5k revs all the time! lol

Word...have one! I'll help you do it...Mite skim a few bits of paint off here and there, but it's a doddle to do!

look awesome!! :D

did you buy it off ollie btw? ;)

I actually reckon he did have one.. Going by his review its quite accurate tbh.. I'd love a sagaris aswell! just wish they werent so expensive :(

Word...have one! I'll help you do it...Mite skim a few bits of paint off here and there, but it's a doddle to do!

Wish i was that confident! Ok your hired! Will pay you like :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I actually reckon he did have one.. Going by his review its quite accurate tbh.. I'd love a sagaris aswell! just wish they werent so expensive :(

Wish i was that confident! Ok your hired! Will pay you like :D

You get the products and lunch and we'll call it even!

Black R27 #443
I had the T350c. It was TVR's media demonstrator... (4.0l Red Rose). As driven by VBH on 5th gear (and if you see any media shots of a silver TVR it was probably mine). I sold it to get a silver 172 cup! :) Fantastic car, never had any problems with it and used it every day for work. Went for this instead of the elise because it was more practical with it having a large boot.

I had the T350c. It was TVR's media demonstrator... (4.0l Red Rose). As driven by VBH on 5th gear (and if you see any media shots of a silver TVR it was probably mine). I sold it to get a silver 172 cup! :) Fantastic car, never had any problems with it and used it every day for work. Went for this instead of the elise because it was more practical with it having a large boot.

You have an awesome user name! A work mate has the red rose engine.. expensive upgrade isnt it?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Epic car :)

Justin - buy yourself a G220 instead. Me and a friend bought one and just dived right in. It's orbital, and on speed 5 it seems impossible to do any harm. We had never ever seen a machine polisher before in real life - and we got amazing results first time with the G220. No need to mess around with a PC and a transformer box etc these days. We just took our time, with the middle strength pad and the #83 polish and got rid of all the swirls on a mates Civic Type R, my mum's Seat Arosa, my mates (the co-owner) Astra Coupe Turbo, my old V6, his birds 54 plate Fiesta diesel. Spend a good day on each one an it's easy peasy. No need to pay a man all that coin when you can do it yourself, as much as you want on all your cars/your mates car etc!

Dan

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Good upgrade imho,Just how much faster is it in a straight line.

And also if driven properly about the same on a track as the lotus...

Well done

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Me and tina are going to do a wee race to show the diff between the vee and the T350...Stay tuned.

Good upgrade imho,Just how much faster is it in a straight line.

And also if driven properly about the same on a track as the lotus...

Well done

Its very quick in a straight line, 85 in second gear comes round in seconds.. the well into triple figures in 3rd!

Not as quick as Ali's Vee though