ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exiting kenwood HU demo mode help

i have jut had fitted a kenwood 9027 HU and the demo mode is on and i cannot get rid of it

the menu consists of audio control, audio setup, display, panel. logically its under display (panel is only to adjust position of the panel), in display u have mode to change how the screen appears, text to alter wot text is shown, graphics to alter the background and out(duno wot that does) but there is no part to turn demo off

all i can find from the kenwood website is:

Can you re-activate the DEMO-mode of the MASK radio (from 1999 models on).
With the new MASK devices, the demo mode is switched off after activating the coding system. It cannot be re-activated for safety reasons.
From 2001 onwards models the demo-mode can be reselected by setting the display mode in the menu.

but what is the coding system?

cheers

Jay

You turn the code on in the set up menu, the one activated when Menu held down in Stand By mode. Its the security code for the unit which you should have gotten on a card with the unit.

You can turn off the Demo mode by holding down [5] and pressing reset.