ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

expanding exhaust on clio 182..

hello all.
.has anyone had this problem.. ive fitted the exhaust so that the tailpipes are near enough flush to the rear bumper obviously while the exhaust is cold but now noticed that after a few drives ive had a look at the pipes and they are at least 10mm further out from where i put them..
i was all ready to re fit it so went out once cooled down they are back in their original position..
im wondering if its the new downpipe to cat gasket as none of the joints have moved as i marked them and are pretty tight..
has anyone had this..?

its a custom one im told ive not long had the car.. i had it all apart to fit a middle box as was far too loud and it had solid bolted to the downpipe but a flexi join further down so ive removed the flexi pipe as looked crap and put a standard join with springs at the front instead..
im thinking it may be the engine moving about too much and pushing the whole exhaust back..?
the engine does feel a bit sloppy and is on standard mounts but its my first clio so im not sure if they all like this..
which mounts normally go on them or is it all of them..?