ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expected Gains

182 Turbo
On my clio 182 ff

Matched Inlets + PTFE Gaskets
K-tec Supersports exhaust no centre silencer de-cat system
ITG Panel Filter
K-Tec 438 Cat Cams + Remap Package
Running V-Power

What sort of gains? Will this see into the 190 bhp Mark?

Thanks, Aydon.

matched inlets and gaskets - a few bhp
ktec exhaust - 1-2
panel filter - 1-2
cams i have no clue.

i speak from experince of having done all of that (apart from cams and decat) and gained 7bhp :clap:

ph1 172
It does all depend on how strong your engine is to start with. You never know, but you may have a weak engine that puts 160ish out and to see 30bhp from cams is distant. On the other hand, you may have a strong engine and get mid 180's before tuning.

Just out of interest, how many miles has yours done, and what's the service history like?

LY R26
I was running 170bhp and 144lbft on same spec then 186bhp and 157lbft with 438's fitted. But like people say all depends on your engine.

182 Turbo
HTML:
Engines on 54,000mls and has been services regularly, pulls really well but don't have any friends or
Know anyone with a 182 to compare. I did a 0-60 test myself with my iPhone and saw 7 seconds flat with a bit of
A crap start so seems to be healthy?

EDIT: it was 6.8,7.0,7.1 seconds 0-60 on 3 tests that was with just the exhaust system decat, still haven't got the ITG or matched inlets in yet though.

182 Turbo
I guess not but just saying the 0-60 times I tried my car with seem to match what's expected of it, it's defiantly not doing any sluggish 8 or 9 second 0-60's.

260% JCW
Only way to tell would be to get it on a rolling road and get a base figure. Don't expect 182bhp though.

182 Turbo
Only way to tell would be to get it on a rolling road and get a base figure. Don't expect 182bhp though.

I'll just wait till after the cams etc am really hoping to be in the 190's but I'm sure I'll be happy regardless, I know they don't make 182bhp std

ph1 172
My car had FRSH before I bought it at 46k. It has now done 52k and has been serviced every 2k by me. (oil and filter) Last month it made 173.7bhp which is a little disappointing but what really can you expect. The 438's have seen good gains. 16bhp from at3k- so going on that info if I was to fit them I would see maybe just 190bhp. Your engine maybe similar to mine or totally different. There is no way of telling until you stick it on the rollers.