ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extend wifi range using old router - is there an easy way?

Mk2 Golf GTI
I have two old netgear routers that I don't use and wanted to turn them into extenders for the network at my workplace.

Have tried looking at a few different tutorials but they all seem really complex! Is there an easy way to do this.

Also, where would be the best place to place the router? The main one is on the bottom right hand side of a two floor building and I'm located on the top left side of the building. Should I position an access point at the bottom left so that the signal goes through the floor beneath me, or should I put it at the top right?

The only reason I ask is that between the top left and top right of the building is a large metal cage that I suspect is what is blocking the signal. If I go just the other side of the cage I can get full wifi, but as soon as I pass it the signal all but dies.