ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extra BHP for £6 can this be real?

Hi

just noticed this... item number 4584425930 on ebay. It quotes around 9 extra bhp on your car simply by plugging this item into the engine, apparently controlling the ecu for better perfomance and fuel economy, what do you think?

on a 1.2 16v do you think its pointless?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Go to maplins and buy a resistor for a few pence mate as this is all this is. Basically confuses the ECU into thinking it is cold via the Air Intake wiring!

Cheers

Paul

Audi TT 225
Dont touch it mate
Basically its a resistor that you attach to the air sensor which fools the ECU into thinking that you have maximum air flow going into the engine so the ECU compensates by adding the maximum amount of fuel...
Needless to say this will be bad for your engine, fuel bills, Ive heard of cars spewing black smoke at idle speeds.

And if you want to pay £6 for a 3p resistor then I have a bag full here! :D

They're now £2 on Ebay!

That's £0.05 for the resistor and £1.95 for the knowledge of what value and where to put it!

It ought to work. There will be a safety margin built in to the ECU mapping and you're just eating into that. By fooling the ECU into thinking the air is colder than it actually is, it should advance the timing a fraction and fuel a fraction more. Perhaps if you're planning on keeping the car a long time it's not a good idea but who does these days?

Anyone actually tried it and found it works, doesn't work or causes problems?

clio 182 black /gold
I guess you could be buying trouble. If anything went wrong it would cancel your waranty.

I had one on my 1.2 (before i found this site), and it was crap. Yeah it made the car feel a little quicker/more responsive. However, it was unstable, as the car would sometimes run fine and smooth, then other times it would be very jerky. It uses more fuel too, so the MPG goes down with it on.

Best bet is to get the IK from k-tec with the relocation pipe, thats what i did, and it was much better.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
lol as if its actually going to be any good.

on the page he claims improvements of 20bhp, for 5 quid? yeah........sure

you'd be better off putting the money towards something of better use, something that wont have a detrimental effect to your engine

I have 3 on mine which gave me triple the power increase.

Coupled with my ekotec valve there arent many cars on the road I cant beat!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I fitted one of these to my car and the difference in power was sensational !!! They are well worth £6 !! ..... I attached the gatchet to the electronic air intake sensor and took the car out for a blast. I instantly noticed a power increase and difference in torque ( 1.2 L reg clio ) The car now spins the wheels in 1st in the wet with racing slicks on and i recently had a race with a CTR and was beating him until he got in his car and drove off - along with an electonic supercharger ( off e-bay ) and K & N filter the car is practically untouchable - when i pick prostitutes up in it at night time they go wild over the power !!

Buy three and triple the bhp gains. :cool:

Infact have them plastered all over your engine bay. Plug them into your mains sockets at home too and get some massive b*****d extension leads to your car.

Think of the bhp you could be getting.

Ph1
MATT BLACK said:
I fitted one of these to my car and the difference in power was sensational !!! They are well worth £6 !! ..... I attached the gatchet to the electronic air intake sensor and took the car out for a blast. I instantly noticed a power increase and difference in torque ( 1.2 L reg clio ) The car now spins the wheels in 1st in the wet with racing slicks on and i recently had a race with a CTR and was beating him until he got in his car and drove off - along with an electonic supercharger ( off e-bay ) and K & N filter the car is practically untouchable - when i pick prostitutes up in it at night time they go wild over the power !!

Its so well written this that some folk could actually belive it !! lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
get 1 mate im able to keep up with my dads evo now that ive got 1 fitted to my 1.2 16v even my dad said he should have saved the money and just got a clio with 1 of these instead of the evo :clown:

i hear the clio cup racers use them too ;)